hello everyone, & happy month of may!
this month i’m very excited to bring you a post in collaboration with a excellent service called TextMyJournal, run by a wonderful individual Roxanne. TextMyJournal works to bring journal prompts right to you, but Roxanne also shares the prompts over on her blog! this month, i worked to provide you all with 30 journal prompts that are a little different… they are art journal prompts! if you need some initial inspiration for your art journals, check out this post. i’m really excited to bring you these 30 journal prompts, & i hope you tackle them each day this month so that may becomes a month of creativity. make sure to follow me on instagram, twitter, facebook, pinterest, & even tumblr, because i’ll be posting letterings of each journal prompt on all my social media for you guys! (here’s a sneak peak, like what you see?)
now, without further ado, here are the 30 journal prompts::
1. Go on a walk & collect some flowers. Press those flowers in a page of your art journal.
2. Fill an entire page with doodles.
3. Keep your grocery lists, to do lists, or any lists you have lying around, & paste them on a page.
4. Find an old magazine, & cut out some words that inspire you. Paste them all in a page of your art journal.
5. Fill a page with receipts, with little notes about why each purchase was special.
6. Collect your fortunes from fortune cookies & paste them in a page of your art journal.
7. Try & draw your favorite childhood toy from memory.
8. Create your own map, of a world real or imaginary.
9. Steal some labels off items in your fridge. Paste them in your art journal.
10. Draw a pie chart of your stomach. Illustrate your favorite foods.
11. Fill a page with your favorite inspirational quotes.
12. Have any old love notes? Paste them on a page, maybe add some heart stickers.
13. Illustrate one of your favorite song lyrics.
14. Collect business cards from places you’ll probably never go to again. Paste them all on a page.
15. Find a poem that you love, write it down, & then illustrate it.
16. Design your dream wedding dress, or tuxedo.
17. Keep the tags on the end of your tea bags, especially the ones with nice messages on them. Paste them on a page.
18. Make a design out of foil bubble gum wrappers.
19. Save your movie ticket stubs & paste them on a page.
20. Try & render one of your favorite paintings.
21. Collect airline tickets & train tickets to document your travels.
22. Snatch some paint swatches from a home improvement store & past them on a page.
23. Get out a needle & thread… stitch a design on to your page!
24. Collect some leaves, press them, & paste them on a page.
25. Grab the stickers off your fruit & make a design with them.
26. Cut out some comics from a Sunday newspaper & paste them on a page.
27. Use a stapler to staple a design on to one of your pages.
28. Find old photos & polaroids & doodle on them.
29. Cut out pieces of fabric that you like & paste them on a page of your art journal.
30. Cover a page with stripes of colored tape.
hope you enjoyed these prompts! again, you guys should totally head over to my social media, as well as over to Roxanne’s blog
& social media to get daily updates on each of these prompts. & i would absolutely love to see everyone’s journal entries if you feel like participating. in fact, send me a picture of your work & you may just be featured!
i love you all & i wish you a very merry month of may.